Thyroid Cancer Awareness Month – “Get A Neck Check”
Help the Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Association, Inc. promote Thyroid Cancer Awareness during the month of September.
The Top 10 Things You Should Know About Thyroid Cancer according to the Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Association, Inc. are:
- Thyroid cancer has had the fastest increase in incidence of any cancer in recent years.
- Thyroid cancer affects people of all ages, from young children to seniors.
- Both women and men get thyroid cancer – more than two-thirds of the people with thyroid cancer are women.
- Thyroid cancer has many types and variants, with treatment tailored to the type and individual.
- When found early, thyroid cancer is usually treatable.
- Even when treatable, thyroid cancer is life-disrupting, expensive and stressful for patients and loved ones.
- A simply Neck Check done by a medical professional during a routine appointment can detect a thyroid nodule.
- Most thyroid nodules are benign, not cancer.
- However, some thyroid cancers are aggressive and difficult to treat.
- Free information, packets by mail, support groups, educational events and more are available from www.thyca.org
The www.thyca.org website has an abundance of helpful resources for anyone interested in learning more about thyroid cancer. All materials are free and available on their website year round.
If you are interested in advocacy opportunities for Thyroid Cancer Awareness, please visit this link.
Photo by thyca.org