Many hospitals are hiring inexperienced or non-CTR team members to staff their cancer registry departments. In order to gain experience and sit for the CTR certification exam, clients look to Registry Partners to provide 1:1 mentoring, support and guidance of their new team member(s) in all facets of cancer registry operations.
Our mentees have rated the Mentoring Program with 100% ratings across the board.
More about our Mentoring Program Services:
Our CTR mentors have developed a sophisticated curriculum and training methodology for abstraction, case finding, follow up, and database management.
- Our curriculum provides tools and resources for mastering registry operations with an emphasis on site specific abstraction.
- Electronic presentations and tip sheets are provided to each mentee and are used during one-on-one mentoring sessions.
- Mentoring continues until each mentee proves he or she can maintain quality data abstraction and an acceptable level of productivity.
- Mentoring for CoC and NAPBC compliance as well as cancer committee coordination is provided with a “hands on” approach.
- The foundation of each standard is discussed along with the means to evaluate compliance and the process for implementation and ongoing maintenance within the facility.
- Oncology leadership is kept abreast of the continued progress of each mentee and will be provided with our mentor’s professional evaluation and recommendations on overall performance.
Stay Tuned to the Registry Partners Blog for a new Segment titled
“Mentee Spotlight” coming in 2018!