The first annual Children’s National Neonatal Nurses conference took place in Washington, D.C. at the Homewood Suites by Hilton hotel on November 2nd. Nurses from the local DC area attended the conference and enjoyed sitting in on the various presentations by guest speakers.
The presentation topics and speakers included:
- Golden Triangle – Dr. Sudeepta Basu and Dawn Brittingham
- Baby Steps to Home – Blare Forbes and Edie Meade
- Antibiotic Stewardship – Dr. Rana Hemby, Laura Nicholson, and Wayne Neal
- Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy and Total Body Cooling – Dr. An Massaro and Deb Talbert
- ECMO – Dr. Billie Short and Monica Kirksey
Attendees also participated in multiple breakout sessions which included:
- Unintended Extubations – Michelande Ridore and Lamia Soghier
- The Science behind NRP Updates – John Galiote and Jessica Carmen
- De-escalating Parentings – Allie Stefanelli and Ondjelle Hemby
- Preventing Wounds in the NICU – June Amling and Leia Foster
- Evacuation – Lamia Soghier and Lisa Zell
- Ethics – Kathy DuBois and Allie Stefanelli
- Protein and the Premature Brain – Rebecca VanderVeer and Morgan Lee
Children’s National hosted the conference and made sure the day was filled with a variety of topics so everyone could find something of interest to them and their line of work. There was even a photo booth available to attendees during breaks, as well as lots of give away items at the vendors exhibits.
Registry Partners raffled a “catered lunch for your team” and the lucky winner was Jennifer Brothers! Congratulations to Jennifer.