Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP) – Variable Updates Released by the American College of Surgeons
The American College of Surgeons, Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP) – Clinical Support team released the January 2019 Variable Updates.
- Changes in this update are effective with procedures performed on or after January 1, 2019.
- The new variables are also available on the Resource Portal in the Program Resources under the Operations Manual Archive link.
- To watch the podcast associated with these changes click here.
Highlights of the January 2019 changes are listed below:
- Chapter 4 MBSAQIP Variables & Definitions
- Revisions to Surgical Profile
- Revisions to Case Profile
- Revisions to Preoperative Risk Assessment
- Revisions to Operative Information
- Revisions to Postoperative Occurrences
- Revisions to Discharge Information
- Revisions to Hospital Readmissions
- Revisions to Reoperations
- Revisions to Interventions
- Revisions to Visit Period
- Revisions to Patient Contact
- Revisions to Long Term Follow-up
- Appendix B – Case Inclusion and Follow-up
- Added Intragastric Balloon Insertion as Primary
- Added multiple procedures to Revision/Conversion/Other