The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) released their Final Rule for the Outpatient Prospective Payment System (OPPS) in November 2018.
For the Hospital Outpatient Quality Reporting Program, CMS has finalized removal of these measures:
The following web-based measures are being removed beginning with January 1, 2019 encounters:
- OP-30: Colonoscopy Interval for Patients with a History of Adenomatous Polyps
The following measures are being removed beginning with April 1, 2019 encounters:
- OP-5: Median Time to ECG
The following measures are being retained for CY2019:
- OP-2: Fibrinolytic Therapy Received Within 30 Minutes of ED Arrival
- OP-3: Median Time to Transfer to Another Facility for Acute Coronary Intervention
- OP-18: Median Time from ED Arrival to ED Departure for Discharged ED Patients
- OP-23: Head CT or MRI Scan Results for Acute Ischemic Stroke or Hemorrhagic Stroke
- OP-29: Appropriate Follow-Up Interval for Normal Colonoscopy in Average Risk Patients
- OP-31: Cataracts: Improvement in Patients Visual Function (Voluntary Reporting)
- OP-33: External Beam Radiotherapy for Bone Metastases
For additional details or to download the FY2019 OPPS Final Rule click here.