Cancer Registry is a field that continues to grow. Registry Partners’ consultants provide the education, instruction, and guidance that is needed to assist non-CTR registrars in becoming successful in their quest to obtain their certification. We also provide mentoring to those that are newly certified to obtain the necessary skills to be successful independently.
Our team offers management oversight of facility-employed cancer registrars to assist administrators with limited cancer registry knowledge. We analyze processes, monitor task completion, and review the quality and productivity of the abstraction performed by facility-employed registrars. We can provide the oncology leadership with a performance summary of their on-site team and can work with each team member individually to enhance and improve registry skills.
Our accreditation consultants also provide mentoring on standards compliance for the Commission on Cancer, National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers, and National Accreditation Program for Rectal Cancers. Mentoring includes education on each standard, training on completing the Pre-Review Questionnaire, guidance in the survey process, and assistance with data review and submissions.
Registry Partners has established a mentoring curriculum that is entirely remote and can satisfy all three eligibility routes from the National Cancer Registrars Association for becoming a Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR).
Our mentoring includes:
- Education-based curriculum, available online 24/7
- Consultants with over 20 years of experience
- One-on-one audio, video, and hands-on training tailored to every type of student
- Weekly calls (or more frequently if requested)
- Mentoring services available in every area of registry operations (casefinding, followup, abstraction), Commission on Cancer, National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers, and National Accreditation Program for Rectal Cancers
- High passing success rate for CTR candidates
- Clinical practicum oversight and ability to sign off on the required 160 hours of registry work for Route A eligibility.
Throughout the duration of the mentoring process, weekly progress reports are provided to the management staff. This mentoring program gives the student broad and detailed experience in the registry field with hands-on training in addition to their independent coursework.
Discuss Mentoring of Staff
If you would like to explore how Registry Partners can assist you with the management and mentoring of staff, contact us below or by calling (866) 287-2968.