This month’s registry spotlight is on the Get With The Guidelines Heart Failure Registry through the American Heart Association.
Registry Partners’ Get With The Guidelines services team assists facilities and institutions nationwide with their Get With The Guidelines Heart Failure Registry data collection efforts. We serve as a complete outsource solution or can augment the facility’s current data collection team to ensure high quality, timely and accurate data collection and submission.
Read on to learn more about the Get With The Guidelines Heart Failure Registry.
What is the Purpose of the Get With The Guidelines Heart Failure Registry?
The Get With The Guidelines Heart Failure Registry is an in-hospital program for improving care by promoting consistent adherence to the latest scientific treatment guidelines. Numerous published studies demonstrate the program’s success in achieving significant patient outcome improvements. Among the proven results are reductions in 30-day readmissions, a measure now used by CMS in determining CMS reimbursement rates.
What are the Benefits of Participating in the Get With The Guidelines Heart Failure Registry
According to the American Heart Association website, the Get With The Guidelines Heart Failure Registry has many benefits for hospital participants, some of which include:
- Access to the most up-to-date research and scientific publications
- Professional education opportunities, such as workshops and webinars
- Clinical tools and resources
- Patient education resources
- QI field staff support
- A competitive advantage in the healthcare marketplace
- National and local recognition for hospital team program achievement
- CMS data submission
- Performance feedback reporting for continuous quality improvement
What tools are used in the Data Collection process for the Get With The Guidelines Heart Failure Registry?
- HF Case Record Form
- HF Limited Case Record Form
- HF Coding Instructions