The Holiday Season creates a lot of extra hustle and bustle … and STRESS! Here are a few tips that may help alleviate the added stress this as you prepare for the holiday season.
- Know your spending limit. Set a budget on how much you plan to spend during the holiday season and stick to it!
- Give something personal. Be creative and make your own gift. Sometimes the most meaningful gift is a gift that comes from the heart.
- Stay organized. Keep a calendar or planner so you don’t lose sight of all the things on your “to do” list. This will help you stay on task, gives you the opportunity to “check” things off your list which provides a sense of accomplishment and lessens your anxiety.
- Delegate responsibilities to others. Enjoy additional time with friends and family by sharing tasks like decorating, wrapping gifts, and preparing for the holiday meal. There is no harm in asking for help!
- Learn to say “no”. Sometimes we have too much on our plate and can’t agree to take on anything additional. It is ok to say “no” if you can’t fit it into your schedule.
- Be realistic with your expectations for the holiday season.
- Simple acts of goodness and kindness will help boost your holiday spirit. The holiday season is an opportunity to bless others and spread good tidings and cheer.
During the busyness of the holiday season, remember to take a step back and breathe. Don’t let your over-scheduled calendar knock the joy right out of you. Instead … plan to look for ways to stay focused, do not over commit and share your “to do” list with others. After all, we should be focused on keeping the Christmas spirit alive in our hearts instead of over committing and wishing the holidays were over before they even get here!