Recap – Pennsylvania & New York Cancer Registrars Association
September 19-21, 2018
The PACR/NYCRA Regional Conference was held in Gettysburg, PA September 19th through the 21st.
An inspirational speaker and cancer survivor, Matt Jones, kicked off this year’s conference with a presentation called “Cancer Registry is a Marathon”. This presentation was particularly memorable and enjoyable as Matt described his inspiring story about overcoming several obstacles in his own fight against cancer. You can read more about his story by visiting his website here where you can learn more about Matt and the seven marathons he completed on seven different continents.
Other topics discussed at this year’s conference included:
- Melanoma Workup and Treatment – by Dr. Steven Pandelidis, Wellspan Health
- Low Dose Lung Screening – by Dr. Troy Moritz, UPMC Pinnacle
- Harnessing the Power of the Cancer Committee – Connie Patterson, Wellspan Health
- Professional Portfolio for the Registry Profession – Gina McNellis, Himagine Solutions. Inc.
- Pennsylvania Cancer Registry Update – Wendy Aldinger, PA Dept of Health
- Pennsylvania Cancer Statistics Dashboard – Brandon Vargo, PA Dept of Health
- 2018 Changes – Hematopoietic Database, SSDI, Summary Stage – Jennifer Ruhl, NCI/SEER
- Lymphoma Staging and Workup – Dr. Christopher Ehmann, Penn State Milton S Hershey Medical Center
- Immunotherapy Update – Dr. Mahinur Khan, Summit Health
- 2018 Breast Cancer Changes and New Treatment Collection – Louanne Currence, RHIT, CTR, A. Fritz and Associates
Registry Partners raffled off a $50 Visa gift card and the lucky winner was Wendy Aldinger. Congratulations Wendy!