Recap – Oncology Registrars Association of New Jersey Annual Conference
The 2018 ORANJ Annual Conference was in Atlantic City, NJ at the Caesars Hotel & Casino on October 4-5. Cancer Registrars from New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and New York attended the conference.
The presentation topics included:
- Opportunities for Assessment and improvement in the Quality of Cancer Care in the US – Larry, Shulman, MD, FACP, FASCO
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma in 2018 – Nikolaos Pyrsopoulos, MD, Ph.D., MBA
- Current Management of GI and Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumors – Amanda Laird, MD, FACS
- 40 Years of Public Health Cancer Surveillance and Research and the Implications of Quality Data – Antoinette M. Stroup, Ph.D. (co-presenting with Christina Tan, MD, MPH
- Panel Discussion: What to do with 2018 Cases
- 8th Edition AJCC Staging for Lung Cancer – Maqsood Amjad, MD
- 2018 Solid Tumor Webinar – Jim Hofferkamp, BA, CTR
- Endometrial Cancer: Updates in Surgical Staging and Future Implications – Ruth Stephenson, DO, FACOG
- 8th Edition of the American Joint Committee on Cancer: Breast Cancer Staging and Coding Updates – Firas Eladoumikdachi, MD
The days were full of various sessions to assist registrars in the ever-changing world of cancer data collection. While most speakers were live in person, they were able to take advantage of technology and had Jim Hofferkamp join us via a web meeting.
NCRA approved 10 CE hours and 7 Category A Credits for the conference. The luncheons and President’s Reception were filled with fun and provided an opportunity to visit with fellow registrars. Awards and Basket Raffles were a great way to end the meeting on Friday afternoon.
Congratulations to Stacy Yates (pictured below) who was the winner of our $50 Visa Gift Card!