Recap – Ohio Cancer Registrars Association Annual Meeting
September 27-28, 2018
The Ohio Cancer Registrars Association held their annual meeting on September 27th and 28th. The meeting was hosted by the Miami Valley Cancer Registrars Association (MVCRA) at the Holiday Inn Dayton Fairborn.
There was an exceptional turnout of registrars attending from all over the state of Ohio and surrounding states for this educational event. The presentations covered a variety of topics with an emphasis on educating the registrars on 2018 changes.
The topics included:
- Opportunities to improve quality of care and achieve accreditation goals through workflow Improvements – Lijo Simpson, M.D., OncoLens
- What You Need to Know about the IRB – Cheryl L. Rotterman, PhD, RN, NE-BC
- Let’s talk about those new 2018 Radiation Oncology database fields – Christopher Wennerstrom, MS, DABR
- Overview of 2018 Cancer Abstraction References & Demonstration – Denise Harrison, BS, CTR
- The Casefinding Detective: The Curse of then Invisible Paper Cuts – Laura Vondenhuevel, BS, RHIT, CTR
- Cancer Biology – E. Ronald Hale, MD, MPH
- Breast Cancer with Practicum – Denise Harrison, BS, CTR
- Head & Neck Cancers with Practicum – Denise Harrison, BS, CTR
- Colon & Rectum Cancers with Practicum – Denise Harrison, BS, CTR
- Hematopoietic Cancers with Practicum – Denise Harrison, BS, CTR
During the Installation of Officers, Tracy Loar, Project Director at Registry Partners, was installed as Secretary for the Ohio Cancer Registrars Association. Tracy will be a wonderful asset to the Ohio Cancer Registrars Association!
Registry Partners held a drawing for a $50 Visa gift card and the lucky winner was Shelly Martin-Kelly (pictured below). Congratulations, Shelly!