Recap – Tumor Registrars Association of New Mexico Annual Conference
August 23-24, 2018
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Submitted by Crystal McDaniel, CTR – The TRANM Annual Conference was held at the University of New Mexico Continuing Education Conference Center in Albuquerque, NM on August 23 and 24, 2018.
Many members of the association worked together to host a well organized and informative meeting. The agenda spanned a wide range of topics including:
- “2018 Solid Tumor Rules: High-Level Overview of Major Changes” – Lois Dickie
- “What is Interventional Radiology” – Dr. Willie Nunez
- “2018 Data Collection: High-Level Overview” – Lois Dickie
- “Update on AJCC 8th Edition for Breast Cancer Staging – Review of Supporting Evidence” – Dr. Sangeetha Prabhakaran
- “Head and Neck Cancer: Krusty and Ned” – Dr. Andrew Cowan
- “Registrars Drive Change – A Comparative Look at Selected Sites” – Joan Booton
- “Next Generation Sequencing in Cancer Care” – Dr. Annette Fontaine
- “Culturally Sensitive and Appropriate Psychosocial Distress Screening for Native American Patients” – Jess Quiring
- “Colorectal Cancer and Hepatocellular Carcinoma: Recent Trends, Incidence and Mortality in New Mexico” – Angela Meisner
Valuable education was provided during the meeting and each presentation helped those in attendance better understand new coding changes, advancements in cancer care and the importance of the continuum of care for cancer patients.
Thank you to the Tumor Registrars Association of New Mexico for allowing Registry Partners to participate in the annual conference. It was a privilege meeting each of you and we look forward to attending future conferences. We would also like thank everyone who visited the Registry Partners vendor table and a special congratulations to Melina Ottesen who won our Visa Gift Card raffle.