The Indiana Cancer Registrars Association held their annual fall conference on November 8th and 9th in Indianapolis at the Primo South Conference Center. Cancer Registrars were awarded 11.5 continuing education credits for attending, including 8.5 category A credits. The theme of this year’s conference was “Honoring the Past & Embracing the Future” to celebrate the conference’s 40th anniversary. The ICRA board and the Historian put together a commemorative slideshow and decorated the conference center with pictures of past ICRA events and conferences.
The presentations throughout the conference covered a variety of topics including:
- “An Oncologist’s Perspective of the Last Forty Years & Vision of the Future” – by Fred O Butler, MD, Medical Oncologist AHC Oncology
- “Solid Tumor Rules for 2018” – by Louanne Currence, RHIA, CTR
- “Heme Coding Rule Changes in 2018” – by Louanne Currence, RHIA, CTR
- “Coding Treatment for 2018 Cases” – by Louanne Currence, RHIA, CTR
- “What’s up with Colon in 2018” – by Louanne Currence, RHIA, CTR
- “2018 Rewind – What’s in Store for the “New Year”” – by Lisa LaGue, CTR
- “Breast Cancer Sparkle – All the New in 2018” – by Louanne Currence, RHIA, CTR
- “Community Cancer Concerns” – by Keylee Wright, M.A., Director of Cancer Control Section at the Indiana State Department of Health
- “NCRA & Commission on Cancer Updates” – by Martha Hill, AAS, CTR
- “Breathe Easy – Lung Cancer Changes in 2018” – by Louanne Currence, RHIA, CTR
Registry Partners enjoyed attending this year’s conference. We held a Visa Gift card drawing and the lucky winner was Tammy Harper. Congratulations, Tammy!