Making a few small changes to your desk space can maximize your performance and improve your productivity. Here are a few tips to help you get started!
- Add a Plant: Research published by the American Association for the Advancement of Science suggests that exposure to the color green makes you more productive. Plants can improve wellbeing by up to 47% and improve creativity by 45%. Try an air purifying plant, bamboo, aloe vera or succulent as they do not require much attention.
- Use Peppermint Oil: Using scents and essential oils can awaken your senses and make you more productive. Peppermint Oil improves your mental clarity and raises your energy levels. Try rubbing a few drops on your wrists and the back of your neck during the midday to re-energize and awaken your senses.
- Use Noise Canceling Headphones: Blocking out a noisy background can help you focus better on your tasks and make you more productive. Noise Canceling headphones can reduce stress, help with hearing loss, and makes it easier for you to concentrate on your work.
- Use a Gaming Keyboard: Gaming Keyboards can improve your productivity because they can enhance your speed, have more accurate keystrokes and provide shortcut keys that a traditional keyboard does not.
- Keep a blanket or small space heater near your desk: Studies have shown that people are more productive and efficient in warmer climate temperatures.
- Keep a notepad for Ideas and Reminders: Ideas can hit us at any time. It is important to jot them down so you don’t forget them and you can refer back to them later.
- Stand up every hour: If you are often sitting at your desk for long periods of time, it can slow down your metabolism, and gradually weaken your muscles and bones over time. Stand for a few minutes every hour and take a stroll on your lunch break – it will help you re-energize, keep you healthier and make you more productive.