This is volume 3 of our NCRA session summary series. Over the next few weeks we will post brief summaries of the sessions from their perspective. We invite you to follow our facebook page and read each article for a snapshot of what we learned at the conference.
Update on the AJCC Cancer Staging Manual, Eight Edition
Mahul B. Amin, MD, FACS, FCAP
- Submitted for print on 4/15/2016
- Plans to release on 10/31/2016
- Effective on 1/1/2017
- TNM creates “bins” of patients and adding prognostic factors as a bridge to personal medicine.
- Workings on “content harmonization” to ensure data presented consistently
- Stage assignments is by the managing physician
- 8th edition is dedicated to cancer registrars!
- 18 sites with 83 chapters