Almost every day in the news you hear about another illness or death related to e-cigarette use. The number of people impacted by e-cigarettes is getting to epidemic proportions.
Fight Flavored e-Cigs is a relatively new website that was launched in 2019 to raise awareness about the e-cigarette epidemic. Their website shares the staggering statistics below, highlighting just how unsafe and harmful e-cigarettes are.
- 1 in 5 high school students uses e-cigarettes
- 78% increase in high schooler use of e-cigarettes in 2018
- 70% of youth e-cigarette users say the “flavors” are the reason they use e-cigarettes
- 97% of youth e-cigarette users choose the flavored options
- There are 15,000 + flavors available ranging from mango to mint and cotton candy to gummy bear
- There are 3.6 million + middle school and high school students who use e-cigarettes
Kids who are using e-cigarettes are still growing and developing. The harmful chemicals being put into their bodies are causing health issues and more and more deaths. Please join in the fight to take e-cigarettes off the market – sign up here.
For the latest news on e-cigarettes, click here.