Happy Halloween from Registry Partners!
Whatever Your Halloween Plans … Keep In Mind These Safety Tips For ALL Ages
- Ensure costumes are bright or reflective whenever possible and not too long to prevent tripping.
- Add reflective tape to costumes or treat bags or have your children where glow stick necklaces or carry a flashlight (with new batteries) for greater visibility.
- Eat a snack or light dinner before trick-or-treating, this will prevent kids and adults alike from over-indulging in Halloween treats.
- No snacking from Halloween goody bags while trick-or-treating, until the snacks/treats have been inspected – throw treats away that are not properly wrapped, are discolored, have holes or tears in the wrappers, etc.
- Only trick-or-treat during approved hours in your community, and only stop at homes that have porch lights on.
- For those of you staying home to pass out candy – be sure your doorway is properly lit and free from obstacles that little ghosts and goblins could trip or slip on!
- To prevent fires, use battery operated candles to light up jack-o-lanterns.
- Use extra caution when driving or crossing the street.
Have a Safe and Enjoyable Halloween!