Embrace the changing seasons and be mindful of the beauty that surrounds you over the winter months. For those of you who typically do not enjoy winter, there are many ways to cope with the cooler weather and anticipated precipitation – below are a few ideas on how you can make the “best of it”:
- Buy a new plush, warm, cozy blanket … it will make a cold day much more bearable.
- Replenish your supply of hot beverages … hot cocoa, hot cider, hot tea, or make your own hot mocha by adding one packet of hot cocoa mix to your coffee!
- Be thankful you have heat.
- Try to enjoy the snowflakes … each one is unique and glistens like glitter.
- Enjoy the ice build up on the trees in the forest. There are few things that can match this jaw-dropping beauty.
- Be thankful for snowstorms that will provide the ground enough moisture for the re-growth that comes in the spring. Without winter precipitation, spring would not be nearly as vibrant and beautiful.
- Winter is for cooking “comfort food”. Use your crock pot more often … the delicious aroma of your dinner as it slowly cooks throughout the day is a gift to the senses.
- Winter provides more time to rest, relax and enjoy the company of your family … with more “at home” time due to weather woes and travel difficulties, winter allows you to spend more quality time together … and who doesn’t benefit from that.
- If temperatures are mild, get out and enjoy a brisk walk … there’s nothing like the feeling of breathing crisp, clean air into your lungs.
- Play in the snow. You are never too old to enjoy some fun sledding, building a snowman, making snow angels or having a snowball fight. It is sure to spark some fun and laughter and we all know laughter is the best medicine!
- Curl up on the couch and dive into a good book that you have been wanting to read or watch a movie that you have wanted to see.
Have a safe and happy Winter!