In as few as 20 minutes, you can have a New Year’s Eve appetizer ready to share with your party guests via Delish.com. This simple, yet delicious recipe will not only turn heads as your guests visit the appetizer table – it will also please the taste buds of many!
8 oz. mozzarella balls
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
24 cherry tomatoes
12 fresh basil leaves
1 c. balsamic vinegar
- In a small bowl, stir together mozzarella, olive oil, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper flakes, and season with salt.
- Set aside.
- Assemble skewers: Layer a cherry tomato, basil leaf, marinated mozzarella ball, and another cherry tomato.
- Place on your serving platter.
- Make the balsamic glaze: In a small saucepan or skillet, bring balsamic vinegar to a low simmer. Let thicken until syrupy, 15 minutes.
- Set aside to cool and thicken.
- Drizzle skewers with balsamic glaze and serve. Yields 12 servings.