The Corporate Controller is responsible for overseeing, developing, and supporting the accounting team and all related functions. Ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), as well as federal and state laws is an integral part of this position. The Controller will provide accurate and timely financial information to management in the form of financial statements and continually assess and improve internal processes. Specifically, the Controller must have an eye towards “change management” solutions, whereas to be continually assessing and improving internal processes.
- Minimum 10 years of accounting experience with at least 5 years in an accounting leadership role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification.
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial accounting regulations, U.S. GAAP, and financial statement analysis, preparation, reporting, and technical application of standards.
- Multi-state payroll tax experience.
- Ability to implement and maintain an effective internal control environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively execute internal, external, and government audits.
- Mastery of the ability to manage complex situations, delegate authority, lead and inspire your team, drive innovative thinking, instill collaboration, drive for success, challenge status quo, and demonstrate ability to adapt to dynamic situations.
- Plan, direct and coordinate all accounting operational functions.
- Responsible for multi-state payroll tax payments, filing, and compliance including preparation of year-end W2’s, 1099’s, 1095C forms.
- Manage the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results.
- Coordinate and prepare internal and external financial statements.
- Coordinate activities of external auditors.
- Provide management with information vital to the decision-making process.
- Manage the budget process.
- Assess current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes.
- Evaluate accounting and internal control systems.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed.
- Develop and monitor business performance metrics.
- Oversee regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance.
- Hire, train and retain skilled accounting staff.
Benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Paid time off
- Paid continuing education time
- Paid holidays
- 401K retirement planning
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance