The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) released their Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) Final Rule and Inpatient Psychiatric Facility Prospective Payment System (IPF PPS) Final Rules in August.
For the Hospital IQR Program, the following chart based measures remain for CY2020 discharges:
- SEP-1: Early Management Bundle, Severe Sepsis/Septic Shock
- Inpatient Web-Based Measure: Elective Delivery (Also known as PC-01)
CMS continues to expand adoption of eCQMs.
The FY2020 IPPS Final Rule can be downloaded from the Federal Register here.
For the Inpatient Psychiatric Facility Quality Reporting (IPFQR Program) the following chart abstracted measures remain for CY2020 discharges:
- HBIPS-2 – Hours of Physical Restraint Use
- HBIPS-3 – Hours of Seclusion Use
- HBIPS-5 – Patients Discharged on Multiple Antipsychotic Medications with Appropriate Justification
- SUB-2 and SUB-2a – Alcohol Use Brief Intervention Provided or Offered and Alcohol Use Brief Intervention
- SUB-3 and SUB-3a – Alcohol and Other Drug Use Disorder Treatment Provided or Offered at Discharge and Alcohol and Other Drug Use Disorder Treatment at Discharge.
- TOB-2 and TOB-2a – Tobacco Use Treatment Provided or Offered and TOB-2a Tobacco Use Treatment
- TOB-3 – and TOB-3a – Tobacco Use Treatment Provided or Offered at Discharge and Tobacco Use Treatment at Discharge
- IMM-2 – Influenza Immunization
- Transition Record with Specified Elements Received by Discharged Patients
- Timely Transmission of Transition Record
The FY2020 IPF PPS Final Rule can be downloaded from the Federal Register here.
At this time CMS has posted the Proposed Rule for the Hospital Outpatient Quality Reporting Program. They propose to remove this web-based measure:
- OP–33: External – Beam Radiotherapy for Bone Metastases
CMS Proposes to retain the following measures in the Hospital OQR Program beginning with April 2020 encounters:
- OP-2: Fibrinolytic Therapy Received Within 30 Minutes of ED Arrival
- OP-3: Median Time to Transfer to Another Facility for Acute Coronary Intervention
- OP-18: Median Time from ED Arrival to ED Departure for Discharged ED Patients
- OP-23: Head CT or MRI Scan Results for Acute Ischemic Stroke or Hemorrhagic Stroke
- OP-29: Appropriate Follow-Up Interval for Normal Colonoscopy in Average Risk Patients
- OP-31: Cataracts: Improvement in Patients Visual Function (Voluntary Reporting)
The FY2019 OPPS Final Rule can be downloaded from the Federal Register at https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2019/08/09/2019-16107/medicare-program-proposed-changes-to-hospital-outpatient-prospective-payment-and-ambulatory-surgical.
The final rule will be posted later this year.