Cancer and Careers is an excellent resource for people diagnosed with cancer. This organization empowers and educates people with cancer to thrive in their workplace, by providing expert advice, interactive tools and educational events. The website provides opportunities for patients to obtain recommendations for seeking a job, maintaining a job while balancing treatment, managing treatment side effects, and understanding legal rights.
The publications and events are directed toward patients and healthcare providers.
- How to navigate the health insurance maze
- Interviewing and responding to gaps in your resume
- When your boss has cancer
- Your online footprint
- Top three legal questions about employment
- Handling discrimination at work
- Legal rights in the workplace
- Suggested questions for healthcare providers to facilitate conversations about balancing work and treatment
- Advice for healthcare workers when discussing returning to work and handling side effects with their patients
Please view their website: https://www.cancerandcareers.org/en/at-work for great resources and opportunities for events.