February is American Heart Month and as Registry Partners Cardiac and Get With the Guidelines Client representative I wanted to highlight a few ways to care for your Heart. As we think about how we can care for our hearts and reduce our stress levels, here are a few ways The Heart Truth lists to give yourself the self-care your heart deserves:
- Get a daily dose of physical activity. Helpful Ideas: Play outside with your kids, enjoy a walk outdoors or catch a fitness class at your local gym.
- Cook meals that are low in sodium and unhealthy fats. Helpful Ideas: Start a recipe exchange with friends or co-works to share healthy meal ideas.
- Take your medications as prescribed and keep your medical appointments.
- Sleep 7-8 hours a night.
- Manage stress through, for example, meditation, yoga, a warm bath, or quiet time with a good book or funny movie. Other Helpful Ideas: Utilize mindfulness apps for breathing and meditation or other activities you enjoy that calm you.
- Try to reach or stay at a healthy weight by moving more and having snacks like fruits and veggies ready to grab when hunger hits. Helpful Ideas: Plan snacking ahead, clean, cut up, and individually bag health snacks.
Whatever routines you establish to provide healthy habits and self-care to reduce stress set goals that match your health needs, as we are all different and have different needs.
As you think about the health of your heart, what about the health of your hospital’s registries? Registry Partners has been partnering with hospitals across the US for 20 years in Data Abstraction, Registry Management, and Consulting. If you’re interested in learning more about how we can partner with your team please contact us today. We support Cardiac, Get With the Guidelines, Oncology, Sepsis, Pediatric, Surgical, Trauma registries, and special projects on a case by case basis.
Self-Care – The practice of taking action to preserve or improve one’s own health.